Toledo Ballet is proud to offer the AMERICAN BALLET THEATRE® National Training Curriculum, a breakthrough 8 level program that combines high quality artistic training with the basics of dancer health and child development. The ABT® National Training Curriculum consists of a comprehensive set of age-appropriate, outcome-based guidelines to provide the highest quality ballet training to dance students of all ages and skill levels. Lisa Mayer, the School Director of Toledo Ballet, is an ABT® Certified Teacher who has successfully completed the ABT® Teacher Training Intensive in Primary through Level 8 of the ABT® National Training Curriculum.
EARLY CHILDHOOD CLASSES
Creative Movement (3-4 yrs.), Preschool Enrichment, and Pre-Ballet (5-6 yrs.)
- Jazz, tap, hip hop, contemporary fusion, ballroom
- Musical theatre – taught by Broadway veterans Lisa Mayer and Michael Lang; program includes Broadway style dance, voice, acting, and auditioning techniques
CONDITIONING DIVISION – Open to non-dancers
- TRX, stretch, Pilates, yoga, Zumba
- Ballet intensives conducted by internationally renowned guest instructors
- Theme-based day camp programs for young aspiring ballerinas
- Voted best studio by Toledo City Paper and Toledo Area Parent magazines
- Open enrollment
- A spring performance opportunity for every single student
- Special classes tailored for specific groups, such as gymnasts, hockey players, etc.
- Active outreach programs, including Toledo Public Schools, Lott Industry MRDD, Toledo Lucas County Public Libraries, and the Girl Scouts